CONTACT: Steve Lyle, CDFA Public Affairs, (916) 654-0462 email@example.com
SACRAMENTO- The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) has selected 10 organizations that will provide hands-on technical assistance to prospective State Water Efficiency and Enhancement Program (SWEEP) applicants.
The organizations are:
- Cachuma Resource Conservation District, Santa Maria
- Ventura County Resource Conservation District
- Butte County Resource Conservation District
- University of California Cooperative Extension, Fresno County
- Resource Conservation District of Monterey County
- Mission Resource Conservation District, Fallbrook
- Resource Conservation District of Santa Cruz County
- Northwest California Resource Conservation and Development Council, Weaverville
- Resource Conservation District of Tehama County
- Imperial Valley Water
These organizations met several requirements, including having an irrigation system expert available for questions and technical assistance, providing computers and internet access to allow growers to complete SWEEP applications and reporting on workshop outcomes and attendance to CDFA.
Technical assistance workshops that provide hands-on application assistance are critical to the success of SWEEP and the implementation of efficient irrigation systems to save water and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
For a schedule of technical assistance workshops and locations, please visit www.cdfa.ca.gov/oefi/sweep/